Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Monday, April 30, 2012

The Road Well Trampled


One trail unmistakable in a bright green wood
And happily I ambled along in the footsteps of the many
Who trod the path well worn and true
Saving me the trouble of picking my way
Through bramble and thistle or thickets or worse

The trail was clearly the most advantageous
For the view of the lake and the mountains beyond
No obstacles blocked egress or hindered progress
This trail was perfect in every way
Clearly the right choice for an enjoyable hike

There was no flora or fauna anywhere
To indicate that possibly a better experience could be had
By disturbing the untouched areas of the park
And even if something off the path should interest me
I could always return to see it some other day

I tell this with a felicific smile
Right here and now, no need to delay
One trail unmistakable in the wood and I
Walked comfortably along it
And it made for an appreciable constant




No comments:

Post a Comment