Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Saturday, July 14, 2012

I Was Right About Thinking I Might Be Wrong

                                        Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado

Being frequently wrong, one might assume I would be accustomed to it 
But I'm not - despite my long history of being frequently in the wrong
It still catches me by surprise and I end up having to apologize
At least to myself


Some say that it may possibly be some sort of self-preservation instinct
That without surprise it might dawn on me how often I'm wrong
And I'd jump off a cliff and aim for the really sharp rocks
But that's not it at all


I'm surprised when I'm wrong primarily because of how right I can be
I can remember so much obscure, primarily useless crap
Trivia this week - two 1st and one 2nd place finish
All by my lonesome


I do not know how I retain unnecessary information about arcane stuff
The information seems to worm it's way into a corner of my brain
Waiting for an opportunity to reveal itself so it can exclaim
 Loudly, "Ubu Roi, Jarry!"

Unfortunately, the things I should know, the things that matter most
Such as how to swallow my pride, how to exit gracefully
How not to open mouth, insert foot - or feet
Elude me like Dionysian Mysteries






  

No comments:

Post a Comment