Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Robert Graves & I Meet In A Bar


I have never known a muse
And for that I am angry
Not once have I had 
A motivating factor 
Present itself to me
Those sisters, daughters of Zeus
Have yet to see fit
To pay me a visit
So I have made it a point
To never call out in vain
Any of those unpronounceable Greek or Roman names

It's easy to imagine
Michelangelo or Da Vinci
Consorting with those nymphs
Shamelessly plundering inspiration
From that treasure trove of ideas
There were nights I lay in bed
Hoping beyond all hope
That one of those lovely goddesses
Would hit me square across the forehead
With a bucket full of insight
Or at least a taste of Calliope's pen




No comments:

Post a Comment