Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Cleanin' Out My Closet


It snowed today...which meant it was a perfect day for winter closet clean-out. See, about this time of the year it becomes obvious that I either need more closets...or I need to weed out the closets I have and donate the overflow to the AmVets thrift shop.

It's a far tougher task than you would think. I love my clothes, especially my shirts. They are as close as I get to having jewelry. Deciding what to keep and what to vote off the island is not easy. 

Several people have chimed in with suggestions as to how to determine whether or not a garment is worth keeping. I've heard everything from facing the hanger the opposite way when I rehang a shirt to putting a piece of tape on the hanger with the date I last wore the shirt written on it.

Well, the thing is...the age of a shirt or how often I wear it is not the issue for me. I have shirts over 5 years old that I haven't worn but two or three times, but the times I did wear those shirts I had either a particularly good time or something good occurred.

Yeah, I know, I'm a nutter.


Still, I did manage to select 41 shirts that no longer had any appeal, and after folding them all up, I toted them off the the AmVets on Alameda.


Look at that. Just look at all that extra space I now have...for more shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment