Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today is my Mother's birthday. She is now well into her 80's, and still going strong, without any indication of slowing down - which is somewhat of a medical miracle. A little over two and a half decades ago she was first diagnosed with cancer, and has battled the big C (and obviously survived) twice more since. My Mom, she is one tough woman.

As most everyone who knows me is aware of, my Mom raised my siblings and I by herself after my father bailed when I was two. I have friends, married couples with one or two children, who complain to me about how difficult it is to raise children and tell me it is more challenging than I could ever imagine. I laugh at them when they say that. 

When they ask why, I simply reply, "Try doing it by yourself, with four or five more kids, while living in a suburban ghetto, no car, frequently late (or never sent) child support payments, and a social services case worker that might pop around to see how things are every six months or so".

Yep, my Mom, one tough woman. Happy Birthday Mom, with all my love!


No comments:

Post a Comment