Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Friday, September 12, 2014

Her Memory Was Scattered Over The Pacific

 
I met her when I was in my early twenties
And never thought I'd miss her
She was a waitress at the Denny's
Where I worked as a dishwasher

Her boyfriend drove a Sirocco and played guitar
Didn't like the fact I boxed and lifted weights
Or that I liked to smoke the occasional cigar
Never knew I dreamed of being W. B. Yeats

The years rolled on by 
Couldn't tell you the last time I thought of her
Before yesterday

It came out of the blue, an odd recollection
As I sat reading the paper at breakfast
An article about suicide in the Entertainment section
Brought on memories of that Texas tempest

And the day I got to work and everyone was quiet
My loud "Hey everybody" echoing in the room
Andy told me what happened and I fell silent
The place suddenly dark and cold as a tomb

The years have rolled on by
Couldn't tell you the last time I had thought of her
Before yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment