Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Something Is Wrong With The Dog's Leg


The big dog's right rear leg had swollen up. 

Of course, when I became aware of the swelling, I did what every compassionate, animal-loving human would do.

I got on the Internet and tried to figure out what could have caused it.

After scaring myself with the myriad possibilities the Internet was happy to disgorge, I then took the big dog to the Vet.

Diagnosis? Somewhat of a surprise. The big dog is diabetic.

Yeah, diabetic. I wasn't even aware dogs could get diabetes and today I found out the big dog is stage 2.


The Vet cleaned out the swollen area of the leg (which, incidentally, had began to seep blood and other fluids before I had made it to the Vet's - I spared everyone a picture of that)

The bandage will have to be changed every 12 hours or so until the leg heals, and the dog will have to follow a medication regime for awhile - an anti-inflammatory and probiotics twice a day, and some other pill once a day.

And Insulin too.


4 comments:

  1. Was your dog showing any symptoms? Was your dog acting any different prior to you seeing his leg swollen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Do you have an update on the dog? How is his leg?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, despite efforts by a very caring Veterinarian and his staff, the big dog, Lucy Loo, left this mortal coil just nine days after this post was written.

    ReplyDelete