Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The First Day Of Spring. 2019


Today is the first day of Spring 
In the year two thousand nineteen
A year I truly never thought I'd live to see 
Truth be told, I'm not entirely convinced
That this is not actually a dream
A projection of some sort
That my mind has created 
To sooth my soul as I lie on my death bed
Brought to my end by the rifle
That was shoved in my face when I was fifteen
Or by the cold ocean waters
Of the Gulf of Alaska when I fell overboard
Maybe it was the first drunk driver that hit me
Or maybe it was the second
I suppose either one could have done it
Many, many times it seems
I have eluded the grasp of Abaddon

...or have I?


No comments:

Post a Comment