Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Three & A Half Minute Symphony To The Summer

We were discussing music at the Rose the other day during a rare bit of quiet time, and the question was broached, "What is your favorite song of all time?"

There were quite a few of us present, representing fairly diverse taste from about sixty years of actively listening to music.

Possibly due to the sorta recent release of the movie Bohemian Rhapsody, two people, one in their late twenties, the other over fifty, chose that particular song. 

One chose Over The Rainbow by Judy Garland and another chose Ella Fitzgerald & Duke Ellington's It Don't Mean A Thing (By far the oldest songs mentioned).  

Being a man with wide exposure to an even wider spectrum of cross-generational musical styles and genres, quite a few tunes flashed through my mind as I pondered my response.

For all of three, four seconds, tops.

My choice has pretty much always been Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys for about as long as I can remember. It's the one song that literally has always put a smile on my face and it just makes me glad to be alive.

I know people who hate that song, which just baffles me to no end. Music is subjective though, and different beats for different folks, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment