Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Friday, November 26, 2021

Gimme Back My Hard Earned Junk

Someone has sewn up all the holes 
In my pre-ripped and worn jeans 
And now I'm a little bit confused
Someone has sanded out all the scratches and gouges 
In my distressed dining table
And I am not amused
Someone has cleaned out all the stains 
In my factory soiled antiqued rug
And taken away the appeal of it looking old and used

Everything in my home now looks shiny and new

No more character blemishes can be seen 
In my hand-planed hardwood floors
All my chairs are now solid
The stretchers have been refitted and re-glued
My guests will no longer feel as if they are in danger
Of falling off them
I'm at a loss at what to do

A guy works hard his whole life long
To acquire the finest beat up products one can buy
Hours spent in search of the best artificially tattered artifices
To create the best shabby-chic thrift-shop stylishness
Only to have it all taken away
By some unknown philistine

It's just not fair 
  



No comments:

Post a Comment