Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Everything Will Get Done...In It's Own Time

   There are some undertakings that require not only strength and perseverance, but patience as well...lots and lots of patience.

   Such is the project I am currently involved in. This is a big project, and it is requiring a dedicated effort on my part - and from a number of other people. The thing is, not everyone on the team seems to be able to put forth the necessary effort required, and that is where the need for boatloads of patience comes in.

   First, I have to be patient with them as they perform their individual tasks and as they participate in team tasks...at a rate that is a little slower than I'd prefer.

   Second, I have to be patient with myself - the individual tasks and the team tasks both actually cannot be rushed, especially not by people unaccustomed to the work requested. I need to slow my roll and stay in my lane, as the man says, and allow the others to get comfortable with the job. They'll get up to speed soon enough. I just have to be patient...

  Everything will get done soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment