Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

For The Good People Lost

In the past two years, I've attended five funerals and/or memorial services.

Is this the price of growing old? Funerals & memorials? Emotionally draining remembrances?

All of these funerals were for people who I would state unequivocally were good people, some of the best people I have ever been privileged to know.

And all of them died much too young, none of them being older than 57.

None of these people died from CoVid-19. 

I miss each and every one of them.

This past Sunday I attended the funeral service for a man I'd known for about 24 years. I was among close to 200 people in the small chapel. 

Two hundred people who had been touched by his gregarious nature, his kindness, his dead-pan humor, his sense of adventure, his commitment to his family, and so much more.

The world needs more people like him, not fewer.




No comments:

Post a Comment