Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Saturday, August 12, 2023

Inconsequential Misadventures

    As has been said over and over and over again, there are a million stories in the big city. That is, if your big city is limited to a million residents and each of them has at least one story to tell.

   The city where I reside has 156,000 residents, plus or minus a few hundred, of which only 23 are known story tellers. 

   I should clarify that - only 23 of the residents of this medium-sized city are known to me to be story tellers.

   Of those 23, only a handful of the stories told are really worth listening to, or reading (man, I'm a judgmental fcuk, eh?).

   I should clarify that, too - only a handful of those stories are judged by me to be worth listening to, or worth reading (happy now, Cindy?).

   It's not that I have some strict criteria for what constitutes an interesting story, btw.

   Seriously, I don't, I'll listen to or read just about any old story, but the thing is, I have lately found myself becoming a bit impatient with stories from storytelling acquaintances about running into celebrities or chancing upon a injured animal and "rescuing" it, or losing out on a golden opportunity to go on a road trip because the price of gas has surged.

   Or the aftermath of a poor dining choice at a dodgy food truck. 

   Nope, do not need to listen to or read anymore of those stories ever again.

   At least not without pics. Pics or it didn't happen, still a rule.

   Except for the eating-at-a-dodgy-food-truck stories - not only do I never need to hear those stories ever again, I really never, ever need to see pics in support of those stories. 


No comments:

Post a Comment