Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Sunday, December 17, 2023

En Espérant Passer Un Mauvais Moment Mémorable Dans La Ville Lumière

Every time I've been in Paris
Be it for a weekend or for a week
It's been sunny - clear, cloudless skies 
Not one drop of rain
So I've never known the joy
Of slogging through that city 
While a storm howled through it
Ripping my umbrella from my hands
As the dirty little streets became
Muddy tributaries that emptied into the Seine

Each and every time I've been in Paris
The people have been fairly nice
And graciously patient
As I slaughtered their language asking for directions
Or tried to explain I didn't like cold seafood
And not once have I met
A breathtakingly beautiful French woman
Who proceeded to dangle my heart from the Eiffel tower
Like a crippled marionette
Femme fatale my ass

So, you no doubt can imagine my disappointment
And understand fully why
I'll be taking my tourist dollars elsewhere

Maybe I'll try my luck in Bratislava

No comments:

Post a Comment