Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Too Much Analyses, Not Enough Coffee

   She said she could tell I was a water sign by the way my eyes darted about the room before I sat down.

   Most likely a Scorpio, she asserted, as I was obviously someone who had an aura of mystery around them, a guarded nature that, while it didn't keep me from developing strong connections, it did mean that it would take serious time and patience to develop that type of connection.

   Also, she added that she sensed I might be in a recovery mode right now, and possibly seeking to blame someone who had caused me serious emotional harm. Her words came out fast and sure, as if she had received a sudden unexplainable directive by the powers that be to tell these things to me.

   "Do not", she punched out in a high-pitched tone, "attempt to play a blame game regarding this situation, as it is at cross-purposes with healing from the deep emotional wound and will only worsen the scarring. When you blame someone for something, anything, you give that person power over you. Forgive them, forgive yourself, and then move on."'

   Her intensity was, well, intense. She asked if I had read such-and-such self-realization book, as that book would be able to help me identify the type of person I was - "You are most likely a manifester, I can sense it - I have a gift for knowing this. Do you consider yourself a manifester? Do you meditate? Are you a visualizer?"

   Barely pausing to noticeably catch her breath she continued on for several minutes, posing questions about my birth order, political leanings, religious inclination, diet and exercise habits, etc., without once allowing me to reply to any of her inquiries.

   Repeatedly she told me she was glad we were having this talk as it indicated I had the strength to admit my weaknesses and allow myself to learn, to grow, to engage in positive discourse for improvement.

   She finally came up for air after what had to be the longest ten minutes I had ever endured.

   I took that opening and said, "That's all very interesting, but I just want a large latte with a shot of orange syrup and a dash of cinnamon. Please".  

   "Right," she said, "For here or to go?"

No comments:

Post a Comment