Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

The Tense Moment Before The Reveal

In my younger days I was always extremely apprehensive when it came to showing anyone anything I had drawn. 

That was due to a number of factors - number one being insecurity, of course. The fear that someone would look at something I had put everything I had into creating and turn to me with a quick "what is it supposed to be?" or worse, "you suck at drawing" was something I lived with constantly.

Number two was that I was personally never happy with anything I had drawn, ever. 

Weird one-two punch that, but when I got older and came to know a number of other aspiring artists, I discovered it was something we all had in common.

Even the brashest, boldest artists I met shared this commonality.





No comments:

Post a Comment