Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Making The Best Of The Worst

 A man with a distressed appearance walks into a pub and takes a seat at the bar.

The bartender slides over and says, "Evening Mac, looks like you've had a rough day. What can I get you to help ease the load?"

"Whiskey neat - make it a double, make it top shelf."

The bartender reaches for a Japanese 12 year-old single malt and proceeds to nearly top off a rocks glass with it. He presents it to the man, stating, "Here you go, it's $200.00 a shot though - that'll be $400.00."

The man hands over an American Express Black Card and tells the bartender to keep the tap open.

This gets the attention of a gorgeous woman who sidles over to the man sipping the expensive whiskey. She sits next to him and asks "Are you in the mood for company? You look like you could use some company - my names Daphne."

The man politely takes her proffered hand and replies, "I'm Alex. My Doctor just told me I have maybe 8 hours to live, kind of a bombshell."

"Oh my," Daphne gasps, "That is horrible! You can't tell me you intend to spend your last hours sipping expensive whiskey? You should be with your family and friends."

"No family and friends to speak of," Alex states. "Been alone for a long time now, got used to it."

"Wow," Daphne says, "How sad. Do you want me to leave you alone?"

Alex gives Daphne a long, appreciative gaze and answers, "No, no I do not. Truth be told I would really like to take you across the street to that hotel, check into a suite, and spend my last hours making passionate love to you."

Daphne stares back at Alex for what feels like an eternity and finally says, "That could possibly be the kindest, most unselfish, most humane thing I've ever done in my life. Get your card back from the bartender and let's go." 

Within minutes they are ensconced in a luxurious suite and proceed to make love with nearly bed-breaking fervor. 

After they have finished Alex looks over at Daphne and tells her, "That was incredible, beyond anything I've ever experienced. If it's not too much I'd like to do that again in a few minutes."

Ten minutes later they are at it again, this time with a vigor and passion that surprises each of them. Both of them are physically drained afterward and they lay next to one another in contented silence.

Daphne, exhausted physically and emotionally, has almost drifted off to sleep when Alex nudges her. "I think," he says, 'I can manage one more go 'round. What do you think?"

Exasperated, Daphne responds, "That may be easy for you to say, but some of us have to be at work early tomorrow!"




No comments:

Post a Comment