Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Tuesday, December 6, 2022

The Visit With The Psychoanalyst

    "So, let's start with this dream about your mother."

    "It wasn't a dream about my mother Doc, it was a dream about a sink, and a freeway overpass, and some spiders, and one of my older sisters."
 
   "In the dream I was standing in front of a sink. Not a kitchen sink or a bathroom sink, more like the sink that would be in a utility closet, you know, really deep, the kind you can put an entire 5 gallon bucket in.

   "The sink wasn't in a utility closet though, but it was in a room with a door and the door was wide open. However, the room was on a freeway overpass. It was one of those long, curving overpasses that connect one freeway with another, you know, if you were on a north-south freeway it would connect you to one running east-west.

   "Except I wasn't in a vehicle of any sort - in fact, there were no cars on the overpass at all - just me, and I was in a room, or at least a partial room, just two walls I think, and one of the walls had a doorway with an open door, right in the middle of the overpass"

   "Anyway, I kept turning the tap handles of the sink faucet hoping that the grooves on the inside of the handles would catch the grooves on the valve stems that would shut the water off, but they just wouldn't work - it was frustrating."
 
   "The grooves"? The Doc asked. "What are these grooves?"

   "It's a geared mechanism Doc, it's how tap handles open and shut valves, but they're not really important. See, not only could I not shut off the water, but the water wouldn't drain. There was something blocking the floor drain, and soon the room started to fill up with water."

   "I looked down and saw the water that was filling the sink flowing out of this hose that was connected to the drain in the center of the sink tub and that lead to a floor drain, but the water wasn't draining - the floor drain must have been backed up, because the water was pooling up."

   "The taps were stuck wide open. I could turn the tap handles, but that had no effect - the water just kept flowing, so I decided to see if I could unblock the floor drain."

   "I got on my knees and started to feel around the floor drain to see if there was a towel or rag or some trash blocking it, but all I could feel was the hole pattern of the metal drain cover - it was a spiral pattern, like the one shown at the beginning of the Twilight Zone, but with holes instead of lines delineating the spiral pattern."

    "Hmmm Hmm...interesting," the Doc mumbled as he scribbled something down on his notepad.

   "There were these two spiders under the sink with me as I was trying to unblock the drain, both average size for spiders, but one was bigger than the other. And they were like the Laurel and Hardy of spiders, they kept tripping each other, entangling their eight legs together, and the fatter one kept swatting at the thinner one with a couple of it's legs. They didn't seem to notice that I was there at all, just kept trying to make their way across the wet floor while bumping into one another."

   "One of my older sisters was yelling at me to fix the sink, but wasn't in the room with me. She was just standing in the doorway yelling, telling me I needed to fix the sink."

    "That's it, that's all I can remember. Weird, huh? What do you think Doc?" 

   "Doc?" 

   "Doctor?"

    "Oh, excuse me, just lost in thought for a moment." The Doctor was writing as he spoke, then replied. "Most interesting, indeed. "Tell me, can you remember when this resentment for your mother first began to manifest itself in your dreams?"

No comments:

Post a Comment