Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Avoiding Attendance At Going Away Parties

   Is there anything not-quite-sad but also not-quite-happy as a going away party? 

   Admittedly, it's been a few years since I have attended one even though there have been several times over those same past few years when my presence was requested at a party of that nature. 

   However, I can still remember how I felt at the last going away party I attended.

   It sucked.

   I guess I just don't like saying goodbye to people, even if the people in question are simply casual acquaintances.

  Heck, if the going away party is for someone I know well and like a lot, well then it's going to make for a good ol' melancholy time. Chances are I'll get all syrupy-sappy bringing up all the good times we used to have and so on and so forth.

   And that is not a good thing to have to bear witness to.

   No one needs to have to deal with me getting all cranky-pants melancholy, so as a general rule, I dodge going away parties like the Baseball HOF dodges Steve Garvey.

   Besides, in this day and age of the Internet and unlimited texting and calling, no one ever really goes away - they just get a new zip code and maybe a different time zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment