Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Thursday, September 14, 2023

The Short Conversation At Willy's Long Bar

   She sat down in the barstool next to me and proceeded to pull up an app on her phone.

   Her perfume was strong, but pleasant. A floral scent, with some other aroma underlying - possibly vanilla.

   She looked over at me and smiled. Her face was made up to the degree that I wondered to myself what she really looked like under the mask.

   Without hesitation she stated, "Buy a girl a drink?"

   Catching Willy's eye I gestured him to come over. "Hey Willy, put a drink for the beautiful lady here on my tab." She looked up at Willy and requested a Cosmo, no garnish. Then she tapped a few times on her screen, closed the app and placed her phone on the bar in front of her.

   Turning on her barstool, she looked at me in a fairly welcoming manner and said, "I'm a sex-worker, so if you're looking for company tonight we can cut right to the chase."

   Smiling the stupid smile I reserve for moments when I know I'm going to say something stupid, I replied as dead serious as I could, "You're a sex-worker? That's a wild coincidence. So am I."

   Recoiling just slightly, she gave me a quick once over from head to toe. "You're a sex-worker? That's a new one. How long have you been a sex-worker?"

   "Pretty much my entire adult life and even the last couple of my teen years. Seriously, every single time I wanted sex, I pretty much had to work for it."

   She did not appreciate the joke.

   

    


No comments:

Post a Comment