I saw a decal on a car bumper the other day that stated "Quitting Is For Winners" and due to the fact I was driving along behind said car on a fairly hazardous road, I was not able to get a picture.
I was able to get a picture of the road I was on (see above) because I quit driving, put the vehicle in park, and got out to take a picture, even though the car that was sporting the decal had long since driven out of eyesight.
The picture I did take is fairly nice, what I would call a "winner," so yeah, in certain circumstances, quitting is definitely for winners.
Which I believe I have seen elaborated upon on signs somewhere - signs that say "If you find yourself stuck in a deep hole, quit digging," and "If your job requires you to lie, quit now." and so on.
Now that I've been thinking about it for a long minute, several other examples of when quitting is the best way to be a winner have sprung to mind, such as when you are reading a dull book with a lousy plot and no character development - just skip to the last few pages, find out how it ends, and then go out and find a better book to read.
Same advice applies to bad television shows and movies. Your time is pretty damn valuable, don't give it over to undeserving tripe.
Heck, if this little diatrible I'm putting together is boring you, quit reading it. Respect yourself and use your time, resources, and energy for whatever you find fulfilling or at least interesting.
Hmmm...that is advice I should heed myself. I'm outta here, maybe I'll change my front brake pads or some such more important (and productive) chore.
%20On%20the%20road%20back%20to%20Lakewood%20(2)%20.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment