Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Monday, June 18, 2012

Critical Awareness Of My Shortcomings

       The Japanese Term For Classic Woodblock Prints Of Beautiful Women Is Bijinga

Walk right into a conversation and just interject
As if nothing being said was of any import
Assume people want to hear what I have to say
Never doubt for a moment I'm not of compelling interest
And should be noticed

Yep, in a nutshell, right to the proverbial T
There's a little voice inside screaming
"Look at me!"
Maybe, just maybe, just this once
There will be a moment of modesty

If I make the effort I know I can shine
But I need your attention for it to happen
All of you, look this way
And then start heaping on the praise
For all the wonderful, magical, truly inspirational

Some of you will probably not be able to relate
You may have some other means of elevating your own self worth
Not this kid, I need attention, I need affection
For my perception of myself to make sense
I need some good ol' fashioned appreciation

Though, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accomplish something first....



No comments:

Post a Comment