Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Day Like Every Other


There was nothing special about today
I didn't have to slam on the brakes 
Or swerve to get out of anybodies way

Just another day when I didn't have to eat
Any of the words I chose to speak
Just another morning when I didn't wake up
In my car

Nobody took a potshot at me
The police didn't ask to see my I.D.
No angry ex-girlfriend poured oil on my lawn
The sun wasn't blotted out by an atomic bomb
The neighbor lady didn't corner me and ramble on
The radio didn't play any really horrible songs

There was nothing special about today
I didn't get bit by any rattlesnakes
Or have any ravenous beast consider me prey

Just another day when I didn't need a receipt
To get a refund on shoes too small for my feet
Just another morning when the house didn't smell
like smoldering timber

Nobody stole my identity
The Doctors didn't have to hook me up to an I.V.
No bureaucratic snafu damaged my calm
That new girl at the pub wasn't posted on psychos.com
The new episode of Archer didn't make me yawn
The Universe didn't ask me to right any wrongs

There was nothing special about today
At all


No comments:

Post a Comment