Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Variation On An Old Jewish Joke


Standing in line at King Soopers using my phone to read the online edition of Alalam News when a friend I hadn't seen in awhile came up and said hello. We chatted for a bit and then he noticed what was on my screen. "What the hell Curby*, why are you reading Alalam News? Those people hate us. Don't tell me you've become a sympathizer, or worse, a convert!"

"Relax, bro, relax," I replied. "All I read about in American papers and websites is how this country is falling behind the rest of the world in nearly everything - our healthcare system sucks, our politicians are corrupt twits, our kids are mindless dolts who can't math or science, inbred extremists from every corner are undermining the civil rights of everyone they disagree with, etc. However, when I read Alalam I discover that America is dominating the arts and entertainment fields, that our western culture is omnipresent, and America is so large and in charge of the world's economy that we're about to take over the entire planet... makes me feel much prouder to be an American."






*Curby is how CRB is pronounced.

No comments:

Post a Comment