Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012

Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas San Diego, Ca. March 2012
Eddie Arana, Rick Thibodeau, & Chris Bakunas at Luche Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, March 2012

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pigeons Have No Songs Of Lament


I do not like the Blues much, especially the "I'm so down now I'm giving wrasslin' lessons to worms" variety. Yeah, yeah, it's a major part of the inspiration for Rock & Roll, I'm well aware of that, but for the most part Blues music doesn't do anything for me. In fact, it's always struck me as odd how some people can become so enamored of the Blues that it's all they'll ever listen to. 

I do not like Country much, either, especially the "My hearts been broken just like this whiskey bottle" variety. Yeah, yeah, it's a major part of the inspiration for Rock & Roll, I'm aware of that, but for the most part Country music doesn't do anything for me. In fact, it's always struck me as odd how some people can become so enamored of Country that it's all they'll ever listen to.

Now, I do love me some R&B, you know, that combination of Afro-Caribbean rhythms and Soul that really moves. And I do love me some C&W, you know, that combination of Scots-Irish folk music and Ranchera that really moves.

Not a big fan of CountryFunkSynthGoth though.

No comments:

Post a Comment